Refreshment Stations for 56km
*Note that the information below reflects the Ou Kaapse Weg route for 2015.
Twenty five well-stocked refreshment stations along the 56km route will ensure that every runner’s hydration needs are adequately catered for.
- A special station will be located at the start providing water, Coca-Cola, Powerade and Loobit.
- The first official refreshment station is at the 3km mark, where only water and Coke will be available.
- Subsequent refreshment stations are spaced approximately 2,5km apart.
- Drinking water is manufactured under strict hygienic conditions at K3 Water. Each batch of water is tested and is then transported to a Cold Store Facility where the water is sent through a Blast Chiller Room, allowing the water to reach 0°C and then stored in a Holding Cold Room to maintain the temperature at 0°C . Over and above the lab test, the water gets taste tested every week.
- Drinking water and Powerade will be provided throughout the race in 100ml plastic sachets (Booster Bags), while Coca-Cola will be served in 250ml plastic bottles.
- As this is an ultra distance, we understand the need for that extra boost in terms of nutrition and morale. Potatoes, bananas, Bar-One chocolates and other “morale boosters” will therefore be available at some stations.
- Loobit anti-chafing cream will be available at various points during the race.
Refreshment stations are spaced approximately 2,5km apart to ensure that all runners' hydration needs are catered for.
|Start||Dean Street, Newlands||0.0||Water/Coke/Powerade & Loobit|
|1||Main Road outside Noyes Chemist, Kenilworth||3.0||Water/Coke|
|2||Main Road, Plumstead||5.0||Water/Coke|
|3||Main Road outside Martins Bakery Diep River||6.7||Water/Coke|
|4||Main Road at Ladies Mile Road, Retreat||9.3||Water/Coke|
|5||Main Road at Keysers Road Mosque, Retreat||11.0||Water/Coke|
|6||Main Road at Suffolk Road, Lakeside||13.3||Water/Coke/Powerade|
|7||Main Road at Rhodes Cottage Museum, St James||17.0||Water/Coke/Powerade|
|8||Main Road opp Fish Hoek Police Station||20.1||Water/Coke/Powerade|
|9||134 Kommetjie Road, Fish Hoek||23.0||Water/Coke/Powerade/Loobit|
|10||Corsair & Chebec Roads, Sun Valley||26.0||Water/Coke/Powerade|
|10A||Ou Kaapse Weg||26.2||Potatoes/Loobit|
|11||Corner of Ou Kaapse Weg & Silvermine Road||28.8||Water/Coke/Powerade|
|12||On Ou Kaapse Weg||30.3||Water/Powerade|
|13||Silvermine Parking Look-out Pt, Ou Kaapse Weg||32.0||Water/Powerade/Loobit|
|14||Corner Ou Kaapse Weg & Steenberg Road||35.6||Water/Powerade|
|14A||Spaanschemat Road, Steenberg||36.0||Bananas|
|15||Opposite Pollsmoor Prison, Steenberg||37.5||Water/Powerade/Loobit|
|16||Spaanschemat Road, past Tokai Road, Tokai||38.5||Water/Coke/Powerade|
|17||Spaanschemat Road past Firgrove Way, Tokai||40.0||Water/Coke/Powerade|
|17A||Spaanschemat Road||40.5||Nestle Bar One|
|18||Spaanschemat Road past Welbeloond Ave, Tokai||41.0||Water/Coke/Powerade/Loobit|
|19||Spaanschemat Road, past Klein Constantia Road||42.6||Water/Coke/Powerade/Loobit|
|20||Southern Cross Drive, Constantia||46.0||Water/Coke/Powerade|
|21||Rhodes Drive / Monterey Drive||47.3||Water/Coke/Powerade/Loobit|
|22||Rhodes Drive / Hohenort Ave||49.0||Water/Coke/Powerade|
|23||Kirstenbosch Main Gardens||51.2||Water/Coke/Powerade/Loobit|
|23A||M3 after Rhodes Drive||53.7||Powerade|
|24||Newlands Forest Fire Station||53.8||Water/Coke/Powerade|
|25||M3 before Princess Anne Drive||54.8||Water|
|Finish||UCT||56.0||Coke or Powerade Water on request|
Details for the following year will be officially launched in September 2015.