Refreshment Stations for 56km
Twenty five well-stocked refreshment stations along the 56km route will ensure that every runner’s needs are adequately catered for.
- A special station will be located at the start providing water/Coke/Powerade and Loobit and the first station is at the 3km mark, where only Water and Coke will be available. The subsequent refreshment stations are approximately 2.5km apart.
- Drinking water is manufactured under strict hygienic conditions at K3 Water. Each batch of water is tested and is then transported to a Cold Store Facility where the water is sent through a Blast Chiller Room, allowing the water to reach 0°C and then stored in a Holding Cold Room to maintain the temperature at 0°C . Over and above the lab test, the water gets taste tested every week.
- Drinking water and Powerade will be provided throughout the race in 100ml plastic sachets (Booster Bags), while Coca-Cola will be served in 200ml Coke cups. In addition, potatoes, bananas, Bar-One chocolates and other “morale boosters” will be available at some stations.
- Loobit anti-chafing cream will be available at the start and at the 23km, 26km, 33km, 38km, 43.5km, 47.5km, and 51km marks.
- Where possible, the stations will be manned from both sides of the road but the stations are well spread out to ensure that everyone is catered for.
|Start||Dean Street, Newlands||0.0||Water/Coke/Powerade & Loobit|
|1||Main Road outside Noyes Chemist, Kenilworth||3.0||Water/Coke|
|2||Main Road, Plumstead||5.0||Water/Coke|
|3||Main Road outside Martins Bakery Diep River||6.7||Water/Coke|
|4||Main Road at Ladies Mile Road, Retreat||9.3||Water/Coke|
|5||Main Road at Keysers Road Mosque, Retreat||11.0||Water/Coke|
|6||Main Road at Suffolk Road, Lakeside||13.3||Water/Coke/Powerade|
|7||Main Road at Rhodes Cottage Museum, St James||17.0||Water/Coke/Powerade|
|8||Main Road opp Fish Hoek Police Station||20.1||Water/Coke/Powerade|
|9||134 Kommetjie Road, Fish Hoek||23.0||Water/Coke/Powerade/Loobit|
|11||Noordhoek Rd & Silvermine Road||28.8||Water/Coke/Powerade|
|12A||Chapmans Peak under half tunnel||32.0||Bananas|
|14||Chapmans Peak Watervalletjie||35.6||Water/Powerade|
|15||Hout Bay Main Road||38.5||Water/Powerade/Loobit|
|16||Hout Bay Main Road/ Kronendal||40.2||Water/Coke/Powerade|
|17||Hout Bay Main Road/ Greenacres Close||42.4||Water/Coke/Powerade|
Bay Main Road/ Disa River Road
|19||Hout Bay Main Road/ Longkloof Road||44.5||Water/Coke/Powerade/Loobit|
|19A||Hout Bay Main Road/ Silvermist Lodge||45.5||Bar Ones|
|21||Rhodes Drive / Monterey Drive||47.3||Water/Coke/Powerade/Loobit|
|22||Rhodes Drive / Hohenort Ave||49.0||Water/Coke/Powerade|
|23||Kirstenbosch Main Gardens||51.2||Water/Coke|
|23A||M3 after Rhodes Drive||53.7||Powerade|
|24||Newlands Forest Fire Station||53.8||Water/Coke|
|25||M3 before Princess Anne Drive||54.8||Water|
|Finish||UCT||56.0||Coke or Powerade Water on request|
Details for the following year will be officially launched in September 2017.