Trail Running Rules and Tips
Some hints and tips for Two Oceans Trail runners.
- Water – carry your own! Either a hydration pack or hip belt bottle holder.
- The route is marked, but going on route training is a good idea.
- Trail running has obstacles such as rocks, roots, branches and bushes – concentrate!
- Trail running times are often double for the same road running distance.
- Be prepared for the weather on the day, e.g. sun hat and lotion, or wind breaker and warm kit.
- If attempting to pass another runner on the single track, be polite.
- We are in a nature reserve so no litter of any kind please (you may face disqualification if you do).
- Running in mountains takes you to remote areas.
- Enjoy the journey and the views.
Details for the following year will be officially launched in September 2015.